Welcome to the Canton Area School District! It is my great honor and pleasure to be leading the faculty, students, families, and community members that comprise the Canton Area School District. The Canton Area School District currently serves 891 students in the boro of Canton, townships of Canton and LeRoy, in Bradford County; the townships of McIntyre and McNett, in Lycoming County; and the township of Union in Tioga County.
Our beautifully centralized campus consists of one elementary (K-6) and one high school (7-12). Our students continually strive for academic excellence and our families take a collaborative role with the district so our students can become active contributors in the local, national, and global community.
It is the goal of the Canton Area School District to actively involve all stakeholders in the educational process. Through collaboration, a commitment to education, and a willingness to be lifelong learners, the district believes that all students can strive for excellence in whatever career opportunities they may choose.
As we continue to achieve our academic excellence, we continue to keep a focus on our district mission to work cooperatively with the community and its resources to maximize student achievement. Please visit our website to stay informed about current district activities and information.
If I can be of assistance to you, feel free to call me at (570) 673-3191 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canton Area School District residents receive an excellent return from their investment in public education.
The Warrior Way
Peggy Guzik is Secretary to the Superintendent. She has been employed at CASD since January, 2000. Some of Peggy's responsibilities include:
- Maintaining Personnel Files
- Teacher Certification
- Act 48 credit reporting
- Continuing Education for Faculty
You can reach Peggy by phone at (570) 673-3191 or by email at email@example.com
Superintendents Performance Standards (Goals)
2018-2019 Superintendents Performance Standards (Goals)
- By July 2019, the superintendent will have developed a Community and School-Based Mental Health program with the Friendship House that provides social, emotional, and mental health supports to students who need such support in Grades K-6. The superintendent will also work with other local mental health service providers to developed a continuum of services for student sin the Canton Area School District.
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, the superintendent will create two elementary Instructional Rounds teams that will be able to observe other teachers and provide constructive, non-evaluative feedback to teachers in classrooms for K-12 in the Canton Area School District.
- During the 2018-2019 school year, the Superintendent will provide instructional leadership to the principal and staff of the Canton Elementary School and support strategies and interventions that will improve the statewide school performance standards rating by the completion of the 2019-2020 school year.
- The superintendent, in consultation with the elementary school principal, shall submit by July 2019 evidence of academic and behavioral growth through the implementation of all three Tiers of the Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) Systems.
- The Superintendent will oversee the implementation of teacher and principal effectiveness evaluation system within the district that includes student achievement measures and aligns to the expectations of the state expectations.
- The Superintendent will oversee and implement programs and activities to ensure that all students in the CASD will have produced artifacts in their student portfolio to meet the requirements set forth in the district Chapter 339 plan and Future Ready PA Index requirements.
Dr. Briggs has achieved a satisfactory rating for the 2016-2017 school year.
Dr. Briggs has achieved a satisfactory rating for the 2017-2018 school year.